Those looking to break into the world of foreign currency investing on the Forex market are going to need to make sure that they are utilizing a broker and a trading platform that gives them every opportunity of success without getting in the way.
The IG Markets platform is exactly that kind of trading platform and brokerage, providing new Forex investors with all of the resources they need to hit the ground running while at the same time making sure that veterans of this trading vehicle have all of the tools necessary to complete the kinds of investments that they have been wanting to all their lives.
If you are serious about making the most of everything that Forex has to offer you today, you’ll want to take a close look at everything that the IG Markets platform has to offer. Check out the rest of this quick review to learn a bit more.
Who is behind this Broker?
Established all the way back in 2003, IG Markets represents one of the oldest Forex marketplace/brokerage options anywhere in the world – but the parent company behind this foreign-exchange platform has been in existence even longer than that.
Based out of London in the United Kingdom, IG Markets is a subsidiary company of the IG Group Holdings organization. This is a global finance organization established back in 1974, with offices in 16 countries and more than 150,000 active clients all over the world. This is one of the most influential Forex companies in business today, and is easily considered to be the largest retail Forex provider in the United Kingdom right now.
There is a lot of legitimacy that IG Markets brings to the table, not only because of its incredibly long track record compared to many of the other Forex brokerages out there today, but also because it it’s self is actually listed on the London Stock Exchange as part of the FT SE 250 market index.
- Those that are looking to take advantage of everything that IG Markets has to offer will be able to do so across 90 different currency pairs, making it easy for new Forex traders to get started with this investment vehicle as well as more experienced Forex investors to find unique new strategies that help them create the type of wealth that they have always dreamed of.
- Stock spreads, indices, and commodities can also be traded across the IG Markets platform. These kinds of spreads work during market hours, with out of hours market trading available as well, and more than 6000 global shares are available to be traded on the IG Markets platform as of 2017.
- There are only two different kinds of accounts available for those that want to get started with IG Markets. You have the standard account for “traditional traders” that are looking to invest just a little bit of money and want to kind of dip their toe in the water of the Forex community, and then you have the premium account for high net worth traders that are looking to move a considerable amount of money with each and every single trade.
- Depending upon your account deposits and your activity you will be immediately and instantly pushed from one account to another without having to do anything on your own. This allows you to make the most of the tools ideally suited for your specific style of trading whenever you are making those kinds of moves.
- The training resources available from IG Markets are also top-notch, as is the customer service and support you will be able to get from this organization. Customer service is available on a 24/7 basis via the web, email, and telephone, and all of the Forex training resources are going to be available to be taken advantage of around-the-clock as well.
- Deposits and withdrawals can be made via all major credit and debit cards as well as through wire transfers to bank accounts around the world. The website and the multiple trading tools are available in English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish, making all of these tools as accessible as possible and allowing you to move money into and out of your IG Markets account whenever you see fit. The initial deposit of $100 US will get you started with IG Markets, and from there you can add as much or as little money into and then pull it out of the account as you see fit.
Pros and Cons
The charts and market information you are able to get out of the IG Markets platform are far and away the most beneficial aspect of this Forex solution. The information is as up-to-date as it can possibly get, and you will be able to pay close attention to charts and free signals as far back as five years or more with no difficulty at all.
The multiple languages that you can select to right in your new client dashboard open up a lot of opportunity for you to tailor this experience to your specific needs so that you feel completely comfortable trading Forex on this platform, and the fact that you have access to more than 90 pairs of currency with low spreads on all of them – and 6000 global shares that can be traded on stock markets across the world as well – are other huge advantages you don’t want to overlook.
The user interface on the IG Markets tools isn’t quite as polished as it is on some other platforms, but that’s really the only significant drawback that you want to be aware of should you decide to take the plunge with this particular tool.
There are quite a few different Forex brokerages and services you can choose to take advantage of on the web today, but none of them have the same kind of history, pedigree, and perfect international reputation that the IG Markets platform has (thanks in large part to its parent company and its more than 40 years of successful trading on the global scene).
IG Markets is definitely a platform you want to pay close attention to before you make your final Forex brokerage service selection.